If you have ever purchased lottery tickets over the counter at some point, then you are familiar with the concept of offline lottery. Even though we are living in the modern age of technology, a number of people are not aware that you can also play the lottery online and not just offline. There are a ton of benefits that can be associated with playing the lottery online as compared to over the counter. How can you know the difference? You need to study each of these options in several aspects in order to decide which method is better for participating in the lottery.
The biggest problem is that people are usually creatures of habit and get used to doing things in a specific way. However, one thing to note is that it may not be the most efficient way due to which it is a good idea to take a step back from routines and analyze other alternatives. People don’t want anything complicated these days and online lottery can simplify things for you.
There are some common features that players will come across when they decide to go for the offline route. What are they? Let’s take a look:
- When you are playing the lottery in the traditional way, you have to fill out your lucky numbers on paper for the lottery game you wish to play. The problem is that when there is a high jackpot involved, players automatically want to put in more entries and doing so can be a very tedious task. You have to make paper entries of each and then keep track of them as well.
- Queues are a very significant element of the offline lottery process. Whether it is a hot day or a cold one, queues are uncomfortable and frustrating both ways. You don’t have the option of taking your time when you are making entries because there are other people waiting to fill out their tickets. There have been a number of cases where the pressure of long queues has often caused players to make a mistake when filling their tickets thereby rendering their entries useless. It leads to a waste of money and you also miss out on the chance of playing for the jackpot. American lotto games always have the biggest jackpot prizes because everything in USA is always bigger and this means the queues are also quite long.
- Paper tickets are issued when you enter and you have to handle them with care because they are very fragile. You have to be very careful and keep the tickets safe and secure or else they might end up with someone else altogether or may also be damaged. Hence, your money will simply go to waste.
Now that we have seen how offline lottery works, let’s take a look at online lottery as well:
- All you need is a smartphone when you want to play the lottery online. Yes, this is quite true. You just have to have the device that you usually use for a number of hours in a day. You can buy your tickets from anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet connection. You can make your purchase while lying on the bed under your warm covers. The Euro Lotto is played by millions of people from around the world and you can also try your luck in it.
- It is easier to play online because there is no fuss of paper and pens involved. It is considerably better because you can decide to enter whenever you have the most time or when it is most convenient. It only takes you a few seconds to buy your ticket and get the chance to become a millionaire.
- There is no longer any need to worry about queues because you can get entries instantly without having to wait for anyone. In this way, players will not be missing out on the cut-off times for the draws.
- Online lottery doesn’t require you to worry about your tickets at all. As compared to physical tickets, when you play the lottery online, you create your own account or profile where all your entries are saved. Thus, others cannot just make way with your ticket and you can enjoy greater security with online lottery.
If we compare the two, it will appear that online lottery is a much better, safer, easier and convenient option for those who are interested in participating. But, these are not all the factors that you should bear in mind. Think about the winnings as well. When you win a prize, collecting your winnings can be a lot more dangerous the offline way. You have to go to the headquarters to collect your payment and anyone can follow you and take it away.
This is not something you have to worry about in online lotteries because payments are usually transferred into your account directly or a cheque is sent to you, which is a lot safer. Apart from that, claiming your prizes and viewing lottery results online is also a lot easier as opposed to offline lottery options. In online lottery, an email notification is sent to you to remind you of any upcoming draws. The results are also sent in the same way and your winning are automatically credited. You don’t have to do anything physically at all.
In offline lottery, you have to keep track of the lottery draws and watch them when they are televised. Otherwise, you may never know if you won or not and your entry will simply go to waste. Online lottery is also an environmental friendly option because you don’t have to go out and drive, which means saving petrol and other fuels and reducing carbon dioxide emissions. Paper is also saved.
Hence, all you have to do is find a reliable online lottery website and you can make your account, choose the games and take your shot at big jackpots from the comfort of your home.